Jump to Navigation

Grayson County Modification Lawyer

When family law arrangements are made, they should reflect families' current situations. However, things change. A visitation that worked well when it was created may need to be updated. Likewise, if one parent received a significant pay raise or pay decrease, the child support or spousal support payments should be changed to reflect that.

At Brown Riddels, P.L.L.C , we work with clients throughout Sherman to help ensure family law arrangements reflect the current situation. If one parent is not following the terms of the agreements that are in place, we can also handle the enforcement proceedings.

What Life Changes Can Impact An Existing Family Law Arrangement?

There are several factors that can necessitate a modification of child support, child custody or spousal support. For example, if a couple got married and divorced when both parties were young, the parent paying support may have only been making $35,000. However, after several years and promotions, that same person may be making more than $200,000.

That drastic salary change could necessitate a modification. However, it's important for individuals to know that they are responsible for instigating requests for modifications. Do not assume that just because your ex-spouse is making more money that he or she will automatically be required to pay more support.

Work With A Denton Attorney For Order Enforcement

Unfortunately, even when a custody or support arrangement has been established, that doesn't guarantee that the other party will follow it. If one spouse stops paying support or denies visitation rights, it's important to work with a lawyer who can help enforce the arrangement.

Learn more about the steps we can take to help protect your rights in modification and enforcement issues in Texas. Schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer by contacting us online or by calling 903-771-2878.

Hablamos español